The Microsoft Office suite contains an application named PowerPoint, which is used to create rich & dynamic presentations using its very unique features. It is the most widely used application usually used by educational institutes, corporate offices and many other organizations for creating training material, product presentations, company annual reports, etc. It consists of individual pages known as slides & using these slides, a presentation is made. The files created in PowerPoint have .PPT, .PPTX, .POT extensions. PPT file is a full screen slide show that contain images, movies, formatted text, animations, bullet points or sound effects.
Suppose you got an important PPT file from your colleague on your mail, but when you tried to run it, it returns an error message. Probably the file got corrupted due to some reasons. That might be an important presentation that you need to show to your client. Don’t panic! First of all, don’t ever send PPT files or any other files over internet without zipping them. Zipped files are less likely to get corrupted than any other file formats. And secondly, when you encounter file corruption, you should make use of the PPT Repair tool that can fix corrupted PPT & other PowerPoint file formats efficiently.
Reasons for corruption of PPT Files:
- CRC Error - When you try to open a corrupted PPT file, you may encounter errors like “Unable to read the file”, “Invalid file path”, “Unknown Error occurred”, “Error 123 : sorry file cannot be accessed”, “POWERPOINT.exe has generated errors" and will be closed by Windows. These types of errors might occur due to CRC(Cycle Redundance Check) error. It is a technique for finding corruption of data. When some bytes vanishes or get overwritten or when some extra bits get included due to some reasons, CRC error occurs. This makes the file damaged & inaccessible.
- File System Corruption - File system corruption is a common problem. When a file system gets corrupted, presentation files including all other data become inaccessible resulting in error messages. In such situations, you need a good PPT Fix Tool to repair corrupted PPT files even after header corruption.
- Recovery Error – Sometimes PPT files get corrupted due to incomplete recovery or recovery error while restoring the deleted or lost files.
- Other common reasons - PPT file corruption or damage might happen due to interruption during file transfer, bad sectors in the storage media, application failure, incomplete download from the internet, unexpected system shutdown, power failure, virus attack etc. To avoid these situations you need to restore PowerPoint files from a backup, but if there is no backup available then you have to use a reliable third party reliable software because re-designing all the presentations is not possible.
The following reasons might also be responsible for PPT file corruption :
- Unable to open .PPT files
- "DLL file not found" errors
- Registry or Runtime errors
- Abnormal behavior of PowerPoint or it is running slowly
- Blue Screen of Death occurs or computer crashes
PPT Repair Software supports repairing of PPT files created in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. It can effectively repair password protected PowerPoint slides. It has been built to repair & rebuild damaged PowerPoint files. The PPT Repair tool can fix PPT files in any of the above mentioned corruption scenarios or errors. This software has the ability to restore presentation files of .ppt, .pptx, .pps formats.
It retains the original formatting & other contents of the PPT file and repair it efficiently. It does not overwrite the original file & creates a new file that is repaired & free from corruption. It supports Windows XP, Vista & 7 (both 32-bit & 64-bit OS). This application is equipped with an easy-to-use interface, which makes recovery of damaged ppt file easy and quick. All the integral aspects of the ppt file, such as sound effects, images, OLE objects, animations, text and more can be repaired and retrieved using this innovative tool. The PPT Repair tool is available free as a demo version. You can see the repaired files but to save those files you need to purchase the full version. In addition, you can use this tool to fix dead PowerPoint document on Windows in an easy mode.
Steps to repair corrupt powerpoint presentation
The procedure to use this software is as follows:
Step 1: Download and install the application on your PC. Launch the software then browse and select the corrupted ppt file, and click on repair button.
Step 2: When the repair process completes, the software provides you with an option to preview your repaired file. Preview your repaired ppt file.
Step 3: If you are satisfied, you can save the file in a secure location